Updated on: December 3, 2022
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information (“Personal Information”) is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
What Personal Information we collect.
- Whenever you create an account, make a payment, connect to our services, request information, contact or correspond with us (by phone, text, SMS, email, postal mail, web form, chatbot or other messaging systems), share or provide content (either digitally or physically), participate in an survey, or interact with our managed profiles on social networking sites or business directory sites, we may collect a variety of information such as your name, company, current position, mailing address, email address, phone numbers, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and payment information.
- Whenever you share information about others (i.e. make a referral) with 168 Film, share content with others over 168 Film’s services or invite others to participate in 168 Film’s services, messaging centers, or managed profiles on social networking sites or business directory sites, we may collect information you provide about those people such as names, companies, positions, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. We will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In limited circumstances, we may ask for a government issued ID for verification purposes or as otherwise required by law.
How We Use Personal Information
- The Personal Information we collect allows us to correspond with you (by phone, text, email, postal mail, or other messaging systems) as a customer or prospective customer, provide products or services, process your payments, and keep you posted on 168 Film's latest announcements. If you do not want to be on our electronic mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the message.
- We also use Personal Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for various account and network security purposes. Including but not limited to protecting our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of a transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- With your consent, we may also use your Personal Information in our content or marketing efforts. This includes testimonials, reviews, or other endorsements that you may provide. This does not apply to testimonials, comments, reviews, or other endorsements about us you may have already made public (i.e., social networking profile posts or business directory profile reviews).
- If you are a current customer or a user of our products or services, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases, projects, work orders, changes to your account, service outages or maintenance, and changes our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with 168 Film, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve 168 Film’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at 168 Film or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at 168 Film, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how 168 Film handles candidate Personal Information at the time of application.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your Personal Information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the website or other related products and/or services requested.
Source of Personal Information Not Directly Collected from You
We may have received your Personal Information from other persons if that person has shared content with you using our services, made a referral, or invited you to participate in 168 Film’s services, messaging centers or social networking sites.
Our customers or our partners (including, but not limited to, agencies, dataset providers or other third-party sources) may also provide us with Personal Information that they have collected from their users. Including names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, corporate affiliations and other preferences.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with 168 Film, we may have received your Personal Information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the Personal Information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your Personal Information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect Non-Personal Information ("Non-Personal Information"). This data is in a form that does not, on its own, permit a direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. The following are some examples of Non-Personal Information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our websites, products and services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Protection of Personal Information
168 Film takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. 168 Film's online services uses industry-standard technologies, including encryption when transferring and receiving data exchanged between us and our service providers. When your personal data is stored by 168 Film, we use both computer systems with limited access and physical data storage both housed in facilities using physical security measures. Our websites and services also have many industry-standard security measures, including encryption, in place to help protect your Personal Information from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
If you post or comment on an 168 Film forum, chat room, or social networking site, the Personal Information and content you share is visible to others and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the Personal Information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, 168 Film may provide third parties with certain Personal Information to provide, improve or protect our products, services or organization. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. 168 Film does not sell Personal Information, and Personal Information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
168 Film may utilize various third-party payment processing platforms, such as Stripe, to process electronic payment methods ("Payment Processors"). Payment Processors are used by 168 Film collect, store and process the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information necessary to securely handle your electronic payment methods. The data processing activities of the various Payment Processors are governed by the privacy and cookie policies of the third-party. For instance, Stripe's data processing activities are governed by Stripe's Privacy and Cookie Policies. 168 Film is not responsible for the data processing practices of any third-party.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for 168 Film to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any of our specific usage or service terms or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to the relevant third party.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
Regarding the Personal Information we hold, we will provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if 168 Film is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes upon request. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through the methods described in the Privacy Questions section.
168 Film does not meet the State of California's mandated criteria under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) for privacy protection rights. Therefore, these privacy rights are only provided by us as a common courtesy, not a legal obligation, and we reserve the right to decline the processing of requests for any reason with or without notice.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides EU residents with a number of rights when it comes to the use of Personal Information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country of residence within the EU.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children online as defined by the United States Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA). For that reason, 168 Film does not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain any information from persons under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian.
If you are under 13 years of age, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please do not use or access our websites, products, or services without adult supervision.
If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us immediately.
168 Film’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and email messages (collectively "Communication Platforms") may use “cookies” and other technologies, such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites or services people have visited, and measure the overall effectiveness of web searches or other campaigns.
168 Film and our service providers may also use “cookies” and other technologies to remember Personal Information when you use our website, online services, and applications. Our goal in these cases is to make your experience with 168 Film more convenient and personal. Our use of these “cookies” and other technologies, by themselves, do not provide us with any Personal Information. However, if you choose to provide us with Personal Information, for the purposes of creating an account, the data stored on your device may be linked to your account that contains your Personal Information.
Privacy Preferences & Browser Settings
Third-Party Links or Content
168 Film’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, applications, and services. Our websites, products and services may also use or offer products, services or content from third parties - for example, embedded videos or social media buttons.
The information collected by these third parties, which may include Non-Personal Information or Personal Information, is governed by the privacy policies of the third-party. 168 Film is not responsible for the practices of any third-party. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of these third parties.
Privacy Questions, Requests or Complaints