What to Expect at the 168 Film Festival
If you're new to a film festival, it's an eye-opening experience. At the 168 Festival, we're going to see a LOT of short films. We screen them in blocks that last an hour or so, with breaks in between that are filled with information, fellowship and networking. Throw in a party or two and you'll have THREE full days of meaningful entertainment. Here's what you'll see:
- Speed Films - made in 168 hours (one week) based on a randomly-assigned Bible verse
- Write of Passage Spotlight Films - made from scripts by writers in our Write of Passage screenwriting competition
- KidVids - films made for younger audiences
- Animations - films where every frame is an animation
- Documentaries - films that document reality
- Alumni Films - made by previous 168 participants for the festival
- Proof-of-Concept Films - prototypes of larger projects that could become features of TV/Streaming series.
- "168 Classics" - some of the best short films from the 168 archives
- And a surprise or two!
These films can be of any genre - drama, comedy, western, urban, sci-fi, etc., and all (except Open) are premiers. Filmmakers, cast and crew will be in the audience with you, and networking is encouraged. (Make friends with a filmmaker!)
You'll also be enlightened with panel discussions featuring industry professionals and faith leaders.
After the final screenings you can walk the Red Carpet for photo ops, and attend the gala Awards Show, where the filmmakers are the stars, and awards are presented by leading celebrities.
And following that there's a huge After Party, featuring food, music, dancing and time to unwind.
Get your tickets early, and plan your trip to the Festival this coming fall.