All films will be pre-screened by our programmers. "Signature" narrative films are graded using these criteria:
- SCRIPTURAL INTEGRATION - max 20 points
Verse resonates beautifully throughout the piece, thought provoking, masterfully interwoven in the story.
- STORY/SCREENPLAY - max 10 points
Story is inventive, fresh and masterfully woven. Dialog is excellent. Characters are compelling and distinctive.
- DIRECTOR - max 10 points
Story is told in a unified, unique & cohesive, clear, distinctive style & tone, Relational dynamics are believable.
- CINEMATOGRAPHY - max 10 points
Visually stunning. Camera movement and shot selection is excellent.
- EDITOR - max 10 points
Rhythmic, moving, engaging arrangement of pictures and sound
- PRODUCTION DESIGN - max 10 points
Outstanding set design transports us to the world of the characters.
- ORIGINAL MUSIC SCORE or SCORE EFFECTIVENESS (if not original) - max 10 points
The music perfectly complements the story and overall message.Original scores vie for special awards
- SOUND DESIGN - max 10 points
Consistent levels, beautiful transitions between words and music, absence of distracting noises (buzz, hum, hiss, etc.) .
- ACTING - max 10 points
Relational dynamics are strong & believable. Actors aptly reach our center of caring for them.
- TOTAL MAX SCORE 100 POINTS. The top-scoring films advance.
(Criteria for documentary and Write of Passage Spotlight films vary slightly.)
- Late or incomplete submission (including all releases and other paperwork)
- Exceeding designated program length (credits/logos are included in total length)
- Writing prior to Verse Assignment; any type of production prior to Production Start Time
- Swearing, gratuitous sex or violence; excessively revealing costumes
- Use of expletives, including "Jesus" or "God" in a disrespectful manner
(Rule-offending films will not advance. See COMPLETE RULES for details.)