SAG/AFTRA CONTRACT RIDER FOR 168 FILM PROJECT
Dear producers considering making a union film for 168,
Here is the 168-SAG/AFTRA 2013 Rider:
Short Film Agreement:
Total budget of less than $50,000
35 minutes or less
Salaries are deferred
No consecutive employment (except on overnight location)
Allows the use of both professional and non-professional performers
Background performers not covered
ALL PAPERWORK IS DUE WITH YOUR COMPLETED FILM. This means original signed copies sent to: 145 S. Glenoaks Blvd. #159 Burbank, CA 91502. 168 will then forward to SAG-AFTRA.
Please contact us or SAG-AFTRA with any questions.
168 FILM PROJECT (Effective May 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013)
1) Given the nature of the project, no script will need to be submitted to SAG- AFTRA.
2) No security deposit or financial assurances will be required.
3) The Short Film Letter Agreement will cover all professional performers providing services in the project.
4) Performers may not work more than 12 hours in any day. A meal break of at least 30 minutes but not more than 1 hour will be provided no later than 6 hours after call time.
5) Performers may not be recalled to work without a 12 hour rest period.
6) Since the project is being produced as part of the 168 Hour Film Project, it is understood that Producer is assigning certain distribution rights to 168 Film Project, who may exhibit the film as part of a compilation with no monies due performers to the extent agreed with SAG-AFTRA.
7) 168 Film Project may show the film on the 168 Film Project Website provided that it is not downloadable.
8) Producer may not distribute or exhibit the film without prior negotiation with SAG-AFTRA.